When it comes to lighting, you have a ton of options. If you go in the lighting section of a hardware store, you will get so confused that you’ll have no idea what to take home with you. If you do a search online, that confusion will only grow because you’ll find even more options.
For your home, finding the best lights is easy. You probably already have a vision, and you know what you want. A wall light here, a lamp there, and the situation isclear. When it comes to larger spaces, however, the situation becomes a little bit more complicated. Choosing the perfect lighting system should not be random. The ideal way to handle the entire situation is to do some research on the subject and make a smart decision.
I am not going to bore you with everything you need to know about light bulbs. That is because the ideal solution is related to LED lights. They have flooded the market in the recent years, and rightfully so. They have a lot of benefits comparing to filament bulbs or any other kinds of light bulbs out there. LED is the latest technology when it comes to lighting, and they keep on getting better and better each year. That is why I believe they are suitable large spaces.
What is LED and how it is different?
LED is a type of lighting also known as solid-state lighting. The light turns on when electricity passes through a semiconductor material. As a result, LED produces more light, but less heat. You know how filament bulbs are scorching hot when you touch them? LED are not. They are a little warm at best.
A filament light bulb releases about 90% of its electricity as heat. CFLs and tubelights produce light when electricity passes through the gas in the tube. CFLs heat up as well, but less than an incandescent light bulb and more than LED. As you can see, LEDs are the best when this aspect is concerned.
What is a LED bulb made of?
Although it the best lighting type available, the mechanism behind it is quite simple. A regular LED contains one or more LED chips. These chips are mounted on a circuit board that is designed to control the lighting. The circuit board is also mounted on a heat sink that manages the heat from the LED. Simple, isn’t it?
The benefits of LED shop lights
If you choose LED shop lights, you are not going to regret it. That is because you’ll benefitgreatly from making this investment. Millions of people already use the LED technology, and they are very satisfied. Here are the reasons why.
- Lifespan – one of the primary reason why people choose LED lighting is that LED lasts a very long time. A high-quality LED will have a lifespan of up to 50000 hours. So if you use a LED for four or five hours each day, you won’t have to change the bulb for up to 25 years. So the math. It checks out. I have a LED shop light in my garage, and it’s been almost 5 years since I installed it. It doesn’t even blink. And it won’t for a very long time.
- No maintenance – if you go for a LED of superior quality,after you install it, you can just forget about it. Until you need to change it, you won’t even have to touch it.
- Better output – LEDs release a lot of light, or lumens as they are called, per watt. You know what that means, don’t you? They use less electricity, but the brightness output is higher in comparison with filament or CFL. So you have more light for fewer dollars.
- Consistency – usually, when you install a light bulb other than LED, over time the light will become That is because the bulb gets weaker. However, that will not happen to a LED. If it does, it means that it’s at the end of its life. Which will not be soon. They remain constant throughout their life.
- No flickering – a lot of people experience this issue with certain light bulbs. Whenever they want to dim the light, the bulb You need to find that perfect balance, which can be frustrating. With LEDs, that will not happen. You can dim them however you want, they will not flicker.
- Eco-friendly – not only that they last a very long time, which means you don’t have to buy new bulbs and then throw them all out, but LED does not contain harmful substances. CFLs, for example, contain mercury, which is not good for the
- Good warranty – most LED shop lights come with a warranty of at least 5 years. That means your investment is safe for that period.
Just like all things in this world, LEDs are not perfect. They have a few drawbacks, but nothing is too serious to make you not buy them. However, I feel obliged to disclose the disadvantages of LED shop lights.
- They are unidirectional – that means the LEDs only emit light in a particular direction. That is why they are ideal for spot lighting. Generally, a LED will not be able to light an entire room without a light diffuser. But as you’ll see, all LED shop lights come with light diffusers or reflectors. So the problem is sort of fixed.
- Generally, LEDs last a very long time, but that is only valid for high-quality LEDs. They will have a well-designed heat sink and circuit. If you go for a poorly made LED bulb, chances are it’s not going to last more than a year.
- Price – LEDs are more expensive than filament bulbs or CFLs, but I think it’s safe to assume that you know why. You won’t have to change that bulb for years. It’s only natural to spend a little bit more money now. But in the long run, you actually save money.
Things to consider when searching for the best shop lights
We already established that LED is the number one choice for the majority of people who are looking for shop lights. However, there are other things as well. For instance, the brand can play a significant role in your choice. I already explained what happens when you go for a poorly designed LED. It won’t last very long. The color temperature is important as well. LED shop lights are available in various colors, from white (cool daylight) to yellow (warm white). You must choose the color according to what mood you want to set.
What are the best shop lights?
Obviously, nobodyhas tried them all to tell you which one is the best. However, you can rely on online shop lights reviews written by people who already bought a particular product and cared enough to share their opinion. It’s a very useful tool for people who are looking for such a light but don’t know where to start.
Hyperikon Utility LED Shop Light
I chose to start with this one because it seems to be among the most popular shop lights I found online. All users have only positive things to share about this product, which is not surprising considering the features it holds.
If you replace your wall fixtures with Hyperikon, you will reduce the electricity consumption by up to 62%. It only needs 38W to make the same light like a light bulb that uses 100W. It is a 48-inch doublefixture that is ideal for garages, workshops, industrial workstations, storage rooms, and it will comply with any other close task and large area lighting requirements.
The manufacturer guarantees a 45000-hour lifetime. That means 21 years if you use it 6 hours per day. It is a LED, after all, so you can’t expect anything else. Changing the light bulb is a thing of the distant future. You will receive a 5-year unlimited warranty, so if, by any chance, anything happens, the manufacturer can be contacted for fast and easy replacement.
The Hyperikon LED shop light holds a DLC qualification for a potential rebate from your energy provider. You can save quite a few bucks on your electric bill. The light is super bright. The lumen output of 4000 and the Kelvin temperature of 4000K, this shop light is one of the best ones available for purchase. There are three available light colors: soft white glow, daylight glow, and crystal white glow. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Hykolity Utility LED Shop Light
Hykolity is a manufacturer that focuses on creating the best experience when it comes to lighting. It designs and produces only high-quality LED, and its optical design is exceptional. All the best features can be found in this LED shop light.
The energy saving with this LED can go as up as 63%. LEDs are known for they energy savings, but the Hykolity goes that extra mile for your satisfaction. You can find it in two colors, daylight white, and neutral white. The brightness is ideal because the lumens output is of 4800. The temperature is 5000K for the daylight white and 4000K for the neutral light.
With Hykolity, you will have the best possible lighting in any room you want. It is ideal for garages, workshops, workstations, storage and equipment rooms, basements, or any other large area that needs lighting. It has a long lifespan, and you’ll receive a 5-year warranty. The product also comes with an ETL certificate for performance and safe operation. It is very easy to install, and turning it on or off is achieved with the help of a pull cord. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Hyperikon HyperSelect Utility LED Shop Light
This shop light is also made by Hyperikon, it is a little better than the other one I described, but it’s a little bit cheaper. Don’t ask me how is that possible because I don’t know. What I do know is that this LED has some features that you are going to love.
The HyperSlect will cut down your electricity bill by up to 65%, which is 3% more than the previous Hyperikon. It replaces 100W with 35W. The lightis super bright, even though it has an incredible small output of 109 lumens per watt. It can bring light even to the darkest room. With a lifespan of 45000 hours, you won’t have to change it anytime soon.
One of the things you will love about the HyperSelect bulb is that it turns on instantly. I guess you are familiar with the waiting time on old fluorescent tubes. They need some time to warm up, but this one is designed to turn on as soon as the switch is flipped. Just like the other Hyperikon LED I presented, this one has a 5-year warranty. The available colors are daylight glow (4000K), and crystal white glow (5000K). Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Considering all the facts, making the right decision doesn’t seem to be very complicated. That is why I am going to go with the Hyperikon HyperSelect Utility LED Shop Light. It has an extended lifespan, it saves the most energy out of the three products, it’s very easy to install, and it has an incredible price. As far as I am concerned, it is one of the best shop lights on the market. Choosing it seems like a no-brainer to me.
Choosing the right lighting seems easy until you get face to face with reality. And the reality is that there are hundreds of viable options. Balancing all of them is a time-consuming and almost impossible task, which is why I hope you take my advice and purchase one of the three shop lights I talked about above. There are very few chances that you won’t be satisfied with your purchase. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Light Shop Ideas
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Online Lighting Stores
- Chandelier Tips
- Finding the Best Pendant Lighting
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Outdoor Lighting
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Ceiling Lights
- Why Absolutely Everybody Is Talking About Led Shop Lights
- An Impartial View of Lighting Stores
- The New Angle On Wall Lights Just Released
- Ceiling Fans Tips & Guide
- The Most Forgotten Fact Regarding Lamps Online Revealed
- What is Actually Happening with Led Shop Lighting
- The Foolproof Ceiling Lamp Strategy
- The War Against Modern Lamps
- The Basics of Lighting Sale
- What Is So Fascinating About Shop Lights Led?
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Led Lights Online and How It Can Affect You
- Finding the Best Led Shop Light
- The Principles of Outdoor Wall Lights You Will be Able to Learn From Starting Today
- Possible Warning Signs on Online Lighting You Should Be Aware Of
- What You Need to Know About Lights Online
- Whispered Home Lighting Secrets
- Buying Led Shop Light Fixtures
- Up in Arms About Designer Lights?
- Classified Info on Garage Lighting Only the Pros Know About
- New Ideas Into Chandelier Lighting Never Before Revealed
- Garage Lighting Ideas Reviews & Guide
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Shop Lighting
- The Never Before Told Story About Exterior Lighting That You Really Need to Read or Be Left Out
- Vital Pieces of Ceiling Light Fixture
- The True Story About Modern Lighting That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Lighting Shops and Why You Must Take Action Today
- Life After Bathroom Lighting
- The New Fuss About Shop Lights
- Light Fixtures – Overview